Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2013

What It's All About


I'd like to introduce my very first blog post. Reader, meet blog. Blog, meet reader.

Phew. Now that we have that awkward moment out of the way, I'll talk a little bit about where I see this blog going in the future.

After much thought and deliberation, I've decided what I would like to write about.  I have such an interest in Do-It-Yourself arts and crafts. I love finding new ways to make my own stuff, and other people are always intrigued by what I make. Apparently Mark Twain is the man behind the famous quote "Write what you know." Like many great authors of the 19th century, Twain's a genius. The real goal here is to establish myself as a professional DIY craft blogger, obviously.

Some of my past work has included crocheting and knitting, sewing clothing and quilts, moulding clay, creating collages and decoupage. I am also a nut for nail polish and have created some amazing nail art designs.

One of the best things ever is finding a fellow DIY fanatic, and I hope that this blog will help me find some of the other creative souls out here on the internet.

So...I must ask you, dear reader, what sorts of DIY do you enjoy? Let me know in the comments below!

- Katie

1 comment:

  1. I like making my own fruit preserves. For my wedding, I made one-hundred and forty 1/2 cup jars of strawberry jam and haven't looked back. I also enjoying knitting, but would like to expand my skills beyond making scarves. Can't wait to see all your DIY projects!

    ReplyDelete